When you struggle with reduced mobility even a few steps can seem like a mountain… but some steps are easier than others.
An Acorn Stairlift is just five easy steps away, and once you have it you’ll never be daunted by the stair in your home again. It protects your safety on the stairs, restores your independence and helps you regain the freedom of the home you love. Here are the five simple steps on the short journey to an Acorn Stairlift.
- Recognising your need. So many of our customers say their only regret is not getting their Acorn Stairlift sooner. People tend to soldier on long after their stairs become a daily struggle. For many, it’s the stiff and swollen joints of arthritis which cause pain and discomfort, while others are left breathless or even light-headed through the exertion of climbing the stairs. Some people defer getting a stairlift because they see it as giving up their independence. In fact, a stairlift safeguards your continued independence at home. If you no longer feel safe climbing or descending your stairs, it’s time to act. A stairlift is an investment in your continued safety and wellbeing at home.
- Contact Acorn. If you’re considering a stairlift you’ll have lots of questions, and we’re here to answer them. If you want to research our stairlifts and the benefits they bring, click on the ‘Get A Free Brochure’ button at the top right of this page. Our brochure is packed with information on the various types of stairlift and the benefits they deliver, including medical advice from Dr Hilary Jones. You can also call us for free on 0808 223 4871 to speak to one of our friendly and helpful stairlift advisors, or click on the green ‘Quick Free Quote’ button at the top right of this page to book a Home Survey and quote.
- Your Home Survey. A survey of your stairs and a chat about your needs is essential to make sure you get the right stairlift for you and your home, at the right price. Your local Acorn surveyor will visit as soon as it’s convenient for you. Having measured your stairs and discussed your needs, our surveyor will recommend the best possible stairlift solution for you and your budget. You’ll be given an accurate all-inclusive quote for your made-to-measure stairlift, including professional installation. There are no hidden extras and your personalised quote is valid for up to a year, giving you lots of time to think it over.
- Installation day: When you decide to go ahead, we’ll arrange a convenient time to install your new Acorn Stairlift at the earliest opportunity. If urgency is vital, it could even be the very next day. We use our own highly-trained installers to ensure professional standards are always met. A Straight Stairlift can take as little as an hour to install, while a Curved Stairlift will take a few hours. In either case, there’ll be no structural work to your property and no need for you to clean up or redecorate afterwards. Our installer will thoroughly check your stairlift and fully demonstrate it to you, only leaving when you’re fully satisfied. Even then, help is only ever a phone call away if something occurs to you later.
- Enjoy the freedom of your home. With your new Acorn Stairlift installed, you’ll quickly discover how it enhances your daily quality of life. You’ll be able to travel up and downstairs in comfort whenever you like, rediscovering the freedom of your home. No more nagging worries about the daunting prospect of reorganising your accommodation to live on one level, or even moving house with all the stress, upheaval and expense that brings. You can carry on living independently in the home you love and, best of all, no more fears about your safety on the stairs – a benefit your loved ones will share in.